DEMOCRATIC GENERAL ELECTIONS
The 2014 General Election will be held on 17 September, 2014.
The below links will provide the latest information on the 2014 Election, including voter education materials and election FAQs.
If you are in Fiji during that time, Registered voters can inspect the provisional list of polling venues and apply for postal voting.
NGOs can find an application form for the submission of voter education programs for approval by the Fijian Elections Office.
If you are away from Fiji during the polling period, you can apply for Postal Voting.
There is also information on designated campaigning areas.
Get more information
According to the Electoral Decree, an application for postal voting may only be made on one of the following grounds:
- The applicant is living outside of Fiji or will be outside of Fiji on the polling day;
- Due to serious illness or infirmity, the applicant is unable to travel from his or her place of living to his or her assigned polling station;
- Under pre-trial detention or sentence of imprisonment;
- Because the applicant’s religious beliefs or membership of a religious order, he or she is precluded from attending a polling station;
- The applicant will be away from his or her usual place of residence and in a place not convenient to his or her assigned polling station due to work commitments on the polling day.
Applications for postal voting must be accompanied by a statutory declaration by the applicant and should reach the Supervisor of Elections no later than 6pm on August 27, 2014. Applications must include a copy of a voter’s identification card and the signature or thumbprint of the voter. If an application is made at the Fijian Elections Office then the voter’s identification card is not required.
POSTAL VOTING FORM
If you qualify, download the form below:
VOTER INFORMATION PAPER
You can download the voter information paper for more information :