This Section provides information on applying for a visitor’s visa to visit Fiji. Many countries are exempted from acquiring a visa to visit Fiji. Countries that are not exempted need to apply for an entry Visa for Fiji.
Requirements for Application for Visa to Fiji
Completed visa application form. Incomplete forms may cause delays in processing of visa application.
Ensure to provide:
1. Passport or certified copy of passport bio-data page (passport should be valid for more-than 6 months from the time of intended arrival);
2. Confirmation of pre-booked accomodation or support letter from family/relatives/friends if accomodated by them, including valid I.D/passport for local sponsor. Both should indicate address in Fiji;
3. Copy of proposed travel itinerary (do not purchase air tickets prior to visa approval);
4. Proof of funds to sustain you for the duration of the stay in Fiji (e.g bank statement/visa cards etc);
5. Two recent passport size photos (name should be written on the backside in English letters);
6. Proof of approved visa and onward ticket if applicant is travelling to another country needing visa.
7.Consent letter from spouse if travelling alone;
8.Consent letter from parents for those under 18 years and travelling alone;
9.Approved leave (letter or email) from employer
10. Application Fee;
Multiple Entry Visa – FJD$180
Single Entry Visa – FJD$91
11. If applicant is living in Japan, copy of both sides of Certification of Alien Registration;
Completed applications to be sent to the following address;
Attention: Consular Section
Embassy of the Republic of Fiji
3-5, 2-Chome, Azabudai
Allow one month for processing and approval by Immigration in Fiji.
For further information – http://www.immigration.gov.fj/travel-requirements/fiji-visas#visas
What countries are exempt from acquiring visas for entry into Fiji?
Citizens of the following countries are not required to obtain a Fiji visa when travelling to Fiji. However, these travellers will still need the relevant permits depending on the nature of their travel:
Antigua & Barbuda
Cook Islands [NZ passport holder]
The federal Republic of Germany
The federated States of Micronesia
Holy See (Vatican)
Hong Kong [SAR]
Papua New Guinea
Republic of Ireland
Republic of the Marshall Islands
St Kitts & Nevis
St Vincent & The Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
United States of America
A National or citizen of a country not listed above who holds an outward ticket for travel from the Fiji Islands to a destination in another country for which he or she holds a visa and will continue his or her journey form a port or an airport of disembarkation in the Fiji Islands to such destination on a ship or an aircraft that is scheduled to depart the Fiji Islands within 3 hours after the time of disembarkation.
Nationals of other countries not included in the list of exempted countries require prearranged visas, which can be applied for at the nearest Fiji Embassy or High Commission closer to their country of residence. Visas may be extended on application to the Department of Immigration in Suva, Lautoka or Nadi.
Requirements for Applicants from Exempted Countries
•A valid passport that does not expire within 6 months from the date of departure from Fiji;
•Return air tickets showing the date of departure from Fiji or the country of your next visit;
•Sufficient funds for holiday
Visitors who do not adhere to the above will be refused entry into Fiji.